Pages

Thursday 5 September 2013

Cambridge University Summer School Day 1 | Lifestyle

Hi there!

I feel really excited about writing this blog post as its my first lifestyle blog post I've done, hopefully everyone will enjoy it!

So a while back in the year I registered and signed up for the opportunity to go on a Sutton Trust Summer School, you may or may not know that I'm going into my final year of sixth form and next year I plan to study medicine at University. Sutton Trust do a variety of Summer Schools and I chose to apply for one at Cambridge University.

When I got the letter through the post saying I had been accepted I was so excited and literally couldn't wait to go! As well as it being the first time away from home for longer than a night it would also be my first time travelling on trains by myself, I really couldn't wait for it all to begin!

As more letters came through the post and more emails were sent regarding the Summer School I was getting more and more excited, I was really looking forward to experiencing something which I know many people don't get the chance to.

Anyway, I feel like I've written loads and not actually told you anything about what I got up to when I was there. I'm going to be blogging each day separately so here's the first!

This lanyard was sent through the post before the Summer School started, I must admit, I did like wearing this around Cambridge!
We took a few snaps before I got onto the first train, I only had one change of trains and had arranged to meet a fellow Summer School student for the second train. By this time of course I was feeling nervous but I genuinely could not wait to get there and get stuck in!
Walking into my room felt like walking into a little flat, I was so surprised by the size of it! I certainly didn't expect to have my own kitchen!
Part of the first days activities was a tour of Cambridge and wow, I've been before but I really do love the buildings and sights to be seen there. Every time you look a different way you see something that is 100% picture worthy, I was constantly clicking away and some of them seemed to turn out half decent! 

When I first arrived at Cambridge train station we ended up meeting up with so many others that were also on the same train as us and would be at the Summer School. We walked to St John's College (the host college for the week) and got our keys to settle in to our rooms. After having a look around the college we went for the tour of Cambridge and went for dinner (which might I add was some really nice food!). Then of course, because no event would be the same without them, we went and took part in some ice breakers. I really enjoyed these and having time to talk and get to know the people we'd be spending the week with was a really great start to the week ahead!

So that's the first day down and 4 more to go. I'm still looking back at the pictures and remembering how much fun I had, if I had the chance to do it all over again then I wouldn't even have to think about saying 'yes'!


No comments:

Post a Comment